Search Results

1 results returned.
To copy the URL of a document, Right Click on the document title, select "Copy Shortcut/Copy Link", then paste as needed. Only documents available to the public have this feature enabled.
Title Sort descending Sort ascending Primary
Author Sort ascending Sort descending
Date Sort ascending Sort descending
Abstract / Details
View
Hard
copy
British Columbia Freshwater Results of the 1985 National Survey of Sport Fishing Stone, Michael
1988
A
D
Abstract: The British Columbia freshwater portion of the 1985 National Survey of Sport Fishing in Canada was a cooperative effort of the provincial Ministry of Environment and Park's Recreational Fisheries Branch and the federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans. The survey was conducted by mail using a 2.4% random sample of 1985 freshwater angling license holders. The survey revealed that of the 360,139 licence holders, 87.3% or 314,262 anglers were active during 1985. Of the active anglers, 77% were BC residents and 23% were nonresidents. The 71,561 active nonresident anglers were almost equally divided between nonresident Canadians and nonresident aliens. It is estimated that anglers fished a total of 4,754,000 days during 1985. Resident anglers accounted for 90% of this activity with non-residents providing the remaining 10%. On average, a resident angler spent 17.6 days fishing while a nonresident spent 6.6 days. Anglers spent 70.5% of their angler days fishing on lakes and only 29.5% on rivers and streams. Total
 
Stone, Michael. 1988. British Columbia Freshwater Results of the 1985 National Survey of Sport Fishing. Ministry of Environment and Parks. Fisheries Technical Circular. FTC79
 
Topic: Fish and Fish Habitats
Keywords: angler, angling, effort, success, survey, sport, fishery, resident, nonresident, rainbow trout, kokanee, cutthroat trout
ISSN:  Scientific Name: Oncorhynchus clarkii, Oncorhynchus nerka, Oncorhynchus mykiss
ISBN:  English Name: Sockeye Salmon, Cutthroat Trout, Rainbow Trout
Other Identifier: 
 
To copy the URL of a document, Right Click on the document title, select "Copy Shortcut/Copy Link", then paste as needed. Only documents available to the public have this feature enabled.

EIRS Search Options

Useful Contacts