The purpose of this project was to describe and analyze 3Rs programs, systems and legislation affecting municipal, provincial and federal bodies in regions of British Columbia outside the GVRD. This includes assessing the costs and effectiveness of current and proposed initiatives and making projections about waste generation and waste minimization. The specific objectives were to assess:
- Current 3Rsprograms in the province outside the GVRD.
- Current and proposed legislation relevant to 3Rs activities outside the GVRD.
- Current educational and promotional programs in the province outside the GVRD.
- 3Rs experience in other jurisdictions across Canada and elsewhere.
- The impact on the waste stream from impending 3Rs programs in the province outside the GVRD.
Peat Marwick, Stevenson & Kellogg, CH2M Hill Engineering Ltd.. 1993. Analysis of 3Rs Programs in British Columbia Regions Outside the Greater Vancouver Regional District. BC Ministry of Environment